Friday, June 3, 2011

Week #3 Proj Study Re-Do:

Maybe this version of week #3 project study is a bit better.  Found some higher resolution crumpled paper texture art online but if it still doesn't look clear enough, I think I know what I'm doing wrong now.  I think somehow when I take it into my project to use, I am resizing it, down-sizing it too much perhaps and that makes it lose quality?  I've been looking for 300 dpi at least 2MP art online but if it's still not high enough quality in my projects, then I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong in Photoshop.  I also toned down the background art and other various art throughout so hopefully it's not quite as dark as before.

3 comments:

  1. You might consider looking for dedicated texture packs, instead of single images they are usually really high resolution images conveniently packaged for consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Alex! I think I stumbled across some of what you are talking about last night but I'll have to look some more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex has a good idea. If I am finding textures on the internet a lot of them come from places like Deviant Art where individuals like to share the cool stuff that they come up with. An art community is invaluable. When you have a texture that you know is a good resolution you can open that file first in Photoshop and then paste you other layers into it to ensure that you are staying with that original high resolution. Still the best option is to make and scan your own textures and have a huge library of them for all of your projects ready to use. Always do your work at 300dpi at the size that you would want to print. You can then downsize the work for files to post to internet or other sources.

    ReplyDelete