Thursday, June 9, 2011

Proj Study Week #4? Coke Bottle Vector Art-Illustrator

Ok, so far I've tried to recreate this coke bottle the best I can as a Illustrator vector drawing using various paint brush techniques and pen tool.  Not sure if I've done it correctly or not but I've done each image as either paint brush stroke or vector pen tool art.  I'm open for any suggestions, especially with the Coke logo as I did all of it as vector pen tool piece, and I know it has many flaws.  It's late, my family and I are on vacation this week...camping in Branson actually (they made me s'mores as I worked tonight)....so I'm quitting for the night at least.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to take another look and maybe by then I can get some feedback from some of you.  If there was an easier way to do this, please let me know!  The next part I want to do for my final is to smooth it all out, or possibly do the photo version of it, add some ice, cold condensation dripping down sides of bottle with digital 'smoke' (aka dry ice?) and add my transparent text from last weeks project!  But for now, I'm off to bed to get a little bit of rest before my kids wake me up early for pancake breakfast over the campfire!  Night all....

Original version I'm working with....


My Illustrator vector art version, so far....


Ok, fresher eyes are looking at it this morning and I see now I still need to work on my coloring inside the bottle more, too.  I need to make my bottle color more realistic and take this overall 'coke' color just inside as the beverage itself.  I really wanted to take this into Photoshop too and add my ice, condensation on sides and dry ice blowing around the bottle, too.  Oh, and try the 3D effects thing for the bottle...in Illustrator or Photoshop?  I forget just now.  Anyway, it got to late and I was too tired to finish that part of it last night so I'll try that part of again this weekend if I can for my final project of the week?  OR if you can post a recording of anything else I should see to help me out, that'd be super!  Making my bottle more realistic from this point?  Or something else, I don't know.  Thanks and hope to have some 'digital smoke' or dry ice, ice cubes, transparent text and finishing touches to come later this week....

3 comments:

  1. You are not trusting what you see in the photograph. You can actually place the photo in Illustrator and use the eyedropper tool to pick exact colors from the photograph. In making an Illustrator image from a Photo you take what is there and simplify it. Then back in Photoshop again you can add back in photographic blurs gradients and transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input. I will take a closer look at this tonight when we get back and see what I can do to improve it. I know, I'm always doing things the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Bootstrap

    ReplyDelete