Monday, June 6, 2011

Coke Bottle Reproduction-Proj Study Week 4

I like both of these versions of the coke bottle but I think I'm going to go with the top one.  Seems a bit more challenging and I assume it's mostly in basic vector drawing in Illustrator.  I'll see if I can't tackle this one with some techniques I've already learned on the previous recordings but if there's anything special we haven't covered, let me know.  The one thing I see so far is how am I going to do the Coca- Cola logo imprinted on the bottle.  I know that's not just simple text so it'll have to be a vector drawing I suppose?  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Would your original piece based on this start with a Photograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it should be, that's why I posted that picture I found on Coca-Cola's website of all the various bottles. I liked the second one from the right the best. I've already taken that into Illustrator to try to begin it too, but I'm thinking a vector drawing may not be the only solution to it either? Maybe I should still look for a better photograph of that kind of coke bottle. Would the one above be a good practice vector drawing to get started on though or are they entirely different techniques? I was considering the above drawing to re-do for my first study project this week. I've been comparing it to your other bottle recordings last week trying to figure out how to go about it. I'm beginning to think I'm talking about two different types of techniques. What I really want to do is a bottle semilar to the recordings you've already posted, but using a coke bottle instead. And I'm actually trying to get it all figured out before I leave this week so I can work on it in the car. Hope to know what I'm doing for both projects at least by tomorrow. Tonight and tomorrow is all I have left to work on it with WiFi. Won't have WiFi again until Thursday evening. I'll see if I can find some better photographs really quick on Deviant. Thanks for that tip too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really looking at two very different kind of techniques. One is a simplified vector graphic and the other a complex Photo-real rendering. They are both worth working with.

    ReplyDelete